Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sleep?

Well, another night riddled with interruptions. No, it's not the baby this time...it's Sammy. He has a habit of coming in at around 3am and saying "I yuv you, Mama." In the past, such a statement got him admittance into our bed so I could cuddle with him while the song "Let Them Be Little" played in my head. "Let them be little, cuz they're only that way for a while. Let them laugh, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle....oh, let them be little." But after several weeks of getting punched in the face for the remainder of the night, that song became less of an anthem and I chose sleep. Well Sammy didn't get the memo and still arrives with his equivalent of "Open Sesame" but it's not working anymore. This upsets him greatly and he goes back to his room in tears. I feel like a horrible mom!

Does anyone else out there have suggestions as to how to handle this? I feel pretty mean telling him to go back to bed after he just told me he "yuvs" me, but what else can I do? I have to get up at 6am for work and need to get at least 7 hours of sleep, or I am non-functioning. Any advice would be appreciated....

No comments: