Monday, October 22, 2012

Zoo Day

We took the day off school on Friday and went to the Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison.  I love this zoo, even though we've only been there once before.  It's got lots of animals and is small enough for little legs to not get too warn out, plus it's FREE!  You just can't beat that when you have four little ones!
 
My friend also has four kids and homeschools, so they went with us.  Here's a picture of all of them as we got off the carousel.  I splurged on this - $1 a person.  What a bargain!
 
 
Luke LOVED it!  He picked out the "gullilla" to ride on and refused to let me lay a hand on him to steady him.  He's 100% independant now.  I asked him once if he needs me at all anymore and he said "I need you for to kiss."  (not a typo, that's what he said.)
 
 



 
It was semi-cold and rainy, but guess what?  The kids didn't care one bit. 
I love it when they show me how little those things matter.

1 comment:

Michele R said...

Awwww--so sweet what Luke said. I so wish I had a blog when mine were that age. I don't have many photos (well, I guess they are in boxes) and certainly didnt write down what they said. I don't even recognize my older two these days.
How neat is that about having a friend with four children who homeschools! Glad you had a great time!