Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gone Fishing

Yesterday Chris took the boys fishing for the first time and they LOVED IT! There is a fishing farm not far from the house where you can rent equipment and then fish at their fully stocked lake. Afterwards, they will clean the fish for you and send them home all packed in ice. Here are some pictures....




Owen caught a 1/2 lb Rainbow Trout within about 10 minutes. Sammy took a little longer, but his was a full pound. Owen was able to reel his in himself and Chris only had to net it, but since Sammy's was bigger he needed Chris's help holding the rod while he turned the reel.




I was very excited to come home from work to a fresh fish dinner, but 1 1/2 lbs turned out to be not very much fish. Owen ate like a CHAMP, so I didn't get much. Regardless, I was so glad they all got to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having this summer.


The best part is that Chris had emailed me the whole story about their fishing trip, but I wanted to hear it from them so I called home and had Chris put me on speaker phone.
Me: "Hi Guys! Are you having a fun day?"
Both: "Yes!"
Me: "So what did you do that was fun today?"
Sammy (4): "We flushed a ball down the toilet!"
Chris: "WHAT???? I gotta go!"
CLICK.



No comments: