Monday, December 6, 2010

Last Day of Truth (a little late!)

I've been putting off the last of the 30 Days of Truth because it's a difficult one for me. I'm supposed to write a letter to myself listing all the reasons I love myself. Why is that so difficult to come up with? If I was asked to list all the things I don't like about myself, I imagine that would be a million times easier. That's very sad, but I'm guessing that's also true for a lot of us. At any rate, here goes:

Dear Becky -
You are a child of God and HE loves you, so I guess you might as well love yourself also.

There are a lot of good things you've done in your life, not the least of which is bring 4 beautiful boys into this world. You have tried so hard to do what's best for them and continue to strive to be a great and FUN mom. It's difficult for you to have had to shoulder the bulk of the financial responsibily in the family, but somehow you've kept your chin up and did what you had to do to keep the family afloat.

One great thing about you is your optimism. You very rarely get too down, and even when you do it's just a matter of time before you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and find something to look forward to. You know that things are always changing and you believe for the most part they will change for the better, not the worse.

You laugh a lot and encourage others to. You are learning every day and trying to be more and more kind to others. You have dreams for the future that include helping people and making a difference. You have great empathy, especially for the elderly. You do your best to appreciate small moments and not to worry too much about what tomorrow might bring.

You believe in your ability to be a great wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and co-worker and that belief keeps you motivated. You relish all the good memories you have and try your best to dismiss the not-so-good ones.

You have great teeth and are a friend to anything chocolate. :)

Love you!
Love, Me.

No comments: