Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh no!

I'm sending out a request for prayers today. Scrabble hasn't been feeling well the last few days so we took him to the vet yesterday. They did blood work and found that his kidneys are in bad shape. It could be dehydration because he hasn't drank much the last few days (he hasn't been eating either) so he's going in for a urinalysis today to see if that's what's going on. If it is, they will give him an IV to help him get back up to speed.

If it's not dehydration, his kidneys are diseased and there's not much they can do; we will have to put him down. :(

I am so very sad about the idea of this happening. I know we've only had him for about 6 weeks but I REALLY like him and I'm NOT a dog person, so this is a FLUKE! I know it seems trivial to ask for prayers about a dog, but I'm hoping anyone reading this will send one our way.

1 comment:

Katie A. said...

Hope you found out some good news!