Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A New Direction



Hi - Ok, I know posts have been few and far between these days, but I am hopeful (VERY hopeful) that my life will be taking a new direction here shortly and that will leave more time for blogging. So bear with me during the transition.


I have a bunch of pictures on my camera I need to download because we had a lot going on this weekend. For those who don't know, Sunday was my 40th birthday. Some people would say it was actually my 39th birthday but I am counting the actual day I was born as birthday #1, so that would make this my 40th. This way of thinking will undoubtedly soften the blow for next year; I've already had my 40th birthday, so next year will be no big deal.


I am not big on presents for birthdays and other occasions and would rather have a memory to cherish than anything one could put in a box with a ribbon on it. So, in light of that, Chris had the day off and we went to the Cave of the Mounds near Madison, WI.

There were a lot of great parts of this tour, but I think most of them were lost on the the 3 year old who was clearly getting sick. He was a bit whiny and didn't really last the full hour. Owen and Sammy were great, but wanted to go spelunking on their own which wasn't going to fly with our VERY safety-conscious tour guide!


Remember this thing:


That's right! One year after I bought this Ergo carrier and I am STILL amazed I did without it all those years! It was really not a problem at all to take 18 month old Luke through the cave strapped to my back in this carrier and I hardly noticed he was there. The tour of the cave would have been an impossibility without it, so it's great to have this freedom. I recently went in with another colleague on this as a baby shower gift for my officemate and I just know she's going to LOVE it. Why didn't someone tell me about this 8 years ago???


William continued on his path to full-on sickness on Sunday and had a RAGING fever by evening, so we took him to the dr on Monday. Would you believe this stingy doc wouldn't give us ANYTHING for him? He told us it doesn't count as a fever until it's 102 - WHAT??? Well we have ignored that advice and are continuing to medicate him with OTC stuff to at least keep his brain from frying. He seems to be doing much better now.


Speaking of doing better, prayers for Scrabble must have worked, too, because that little guy has bounced back this week! It probably helps that my husband has become quite the Dog Food Gourmet, preparing fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts with brown rice and carrots for the dog at every meal. Last night, you'd swear this dog had never been happier in his LIFE because Chris treated him to slowroasted angus beef with carrots. Yum! He sure did get lucky coming to our house from the shelter. And did I mention we found out he has a pellet in his gut from being shot at in his former life? Poor little guy!


Ok, promise to be back blogging more frequently in months to come and to have some up-to-date pics to share as well.


1 comment:

Michele R said...

I send you best wishes for everything! Poor William! I hate it when mine get fevers. Motrin always works well. Guess its their body doing a good job though of fighting whatever ailment they have. Happy belated birthday! I wish I were 40. Or 42. I think women bloom in their early 40's.