Saturday, July 30, 2011

Back in the Game

Ok, so I figured out how to get out of my funk: GET BUSY! And that's what I've been doing lately. The house is actually looking decent after 10 days of filth and clutter. I put together four bags of random things to go to Goodwill, which always feels really good. Then my friend, Hayley, who just had her first baby (a boy!) in April made an off-hand remark that she really doesn't have any toys for little Wesley. Poor, poor Hayley. She doesn't realize what she's gotten herself into, making a statement like that to me! Seriously, if I could ship every single toy out of this house I would in a SECOND! So there's a bag of baby toys on their way to her, as well. (Luke doesn't really want baby toys anyway - he only wants what the big boys have.)

Another thing that has helped get my normally positive attitude back is structure. I crave organization in all things, including my daily schedule. So I'm back to walking the dog in the morning and have put a few other touchpoints into our days so that by the time I go to bed at night I always feel like I accomplished something.

More so than January 1st, the end of August/beginning of September time frame always feels like a fresh start to me. I loved those days of buying all new school supplies and finding the perfect outfit for my first day of school. I am trying to be more diligent about using my planner now, especially with my business obligations, and have also downloaded the Taskos app on my phone. I don't know which one will work better for me but will soon find out.

At the end of each day, I've instituted a new tradition: Dance Party. The boys have just 3 songs to get their energy out and show me their moves. They are loving it and I hope you will, too.

Happy Weekend!


No comments: