Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome Fall

Is September 1st too soon to welcome my favorite season? Labor Day is almost a week away and school hasn't started in our district yet. The autumn equinox isn't until the end of this month. But I can tell you it's felt like fall in Wisconsin pretty much all summer! We are enjoying clear blue skies and high temps in the 70's this week, so it sure does seem appropriate to start sipping cider and wearing orange.
Here are a couple of my favorite things about the season:
Ah yes, revving up my seat warmers in the morning. My mom hates these things - she says they make her feel like she's peed her pants - but I love them and am not sure how I lived without them for so many years!
These are my favorite candies and I eat bags and bags of them every October. It's only 99 cents for a bag and it's a good thing, given my obsession. Seriously, if I have them on-hand I will eat a bag in two days. Mmmmmm......yummy! One really good thing about being this pregnant is that I can get away with buying 5 bags at a time without anyone thinking anything of it. (Another favorite fall candy is the Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkin, but I really have to try to limit those.)
Yesterday (yes, August 31st) I saw something that always makes me smile: PUMPKINS! The seasonal farm stand near my work had them on a wagon and I couldn't resist taking a picture, as well as capturing a few other images. I hope they make you smile and feel excited about this very special season. Happy Fall!

No comments: