Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

A big "THANK YOU" to my friend, Kathryn, who just sent me a picture from when she visited me 6 days after Luke was born. There I was with my new baby, smiling and not realizing how HUGE I'd gotten! When the tummy was there, I hardly noticed the hips and thighs but now that is ALL I could see in the picture. That picture is now posted on my refrigerator and I've been eating really well the last couple of days.

I also got Jillian Michaels' "The Shred" at the store on Sunday and am REALLY sore now, just two days into it. I love that it's a 20 minute workout because it seems that fits best into my schedule. I can tell you, though, there is ONE segment of the population that thinks 20 minutes is a long time: nursing babies. The first night I had to stop twice to tend to Luke. Oh well - it was my first workout in months so I probably needed to ease into it.

I have 17 lbs to lose (YIKES!) to get back to where I was at this time last year, before I became pregnant. I would love to lose another 20 on top of that, but that first 17 is necessary just to fit back into my work clothes. I have only 3 1/2 weeks before I go back to work, so wish me luck!

No comments: