Sunday, February 21, 2010

Great Weekend

I was soooo glad to have this weekend off after working 11 days straight! I had to whine about is as I know that a) I'm lucky to have a job and b) lots of people have much harder jobs and work more hours than I do, but it really did wear me out to have to work that many days in a row. Anyway, it was great to be off both yesterday and today. I got to really enjoy my time with the boys and especially Luke, who turned 5 months old just yesterday.

Where has the time gone? He has gotten so big and is so alert, it's amazing! We are taking him to the dr for his first round of shots later this week so I'll be able to note his current weight. At this point I would guess he's getting close to 20 lbs. He wears at LEAST 6-9 months clothes, but is actually also wearing some 12 months clothes. He started rolling over last week and can go from his tummy to his back and also his back to his tummy. He loves his solids, which we started about a month ago. He's got quite the head of hair on him (more than any of his brothers had at this age) and his eyebrows are especially thick and full of expression. He is adored by all of us, especially his three older brothers.

We were visited by friends from the Chicago area today and it was so nice to see them. My boys are so excited to have company over. They were thrilled to see their 2 year old, Jackson, and quickly indoctrinated him into their world of rough-and-tumble play. Poor little guy seemed afraid at first, but quickly got the hang of it and began weilding one of their swords in an effort to keep up with them. We look forward to spending a lot more time with Jackson and his mom and dad in the near future!

Hope everyone out there had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Michele R said...

You really painted a picture of your active boys. I know what you mean about the job: glad to have it but so glad when I'm at home.
Loved the part about the boys showing the visiting 2 yr old the world of rough and tumble. My theory is the more rough and tumble the more they will NOT get hurt or injured.
I'm missing those years!!! Now it is study, study and I'm up late quizzing on radiation, convection and more! (they teach way too much these days!)

Nicolet said...

...and his mom especially looks forward to LOTS more visits, too!!

We ALL had a wonderful time! Is it bad that I have an intense craving for white zin?? ;)

Breadwinner Wife said...

(in response to your post on my blog)
Glad to know I'm not the only one who's sucked into The Bachelor even though I know how silly it is! I'm interested to see how the finale will play out!

Lindsey said...

I feel the same way about my job, thankful to have it but rather be home or doing ANYTHING else, ha!

I didn't know you were from Michigan! We live in Farmington right now and LOVE it!

Lisa Noel said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog, wanted to answer your question about Key Lime cover. My kids are NOT good swimmers at all but I'd say Key Lime Cove is perfect for kids who really don't swim. There really isn't a good pool for swimming anyway. We got them each a life jacket because they feel better and I feel better that way but they could touch everywhere we went, even the lazy river. they are nervous without the life jackets but with them they hoped in a tube floated around the lazy river a bunch of time.