Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update

For some reason, I'm having a problem tonight getting blogger to upload any pictures for me and that's too bad, since I have quite a few to share. We had a great visit a couple of weeks ago from Chris's sister and family. We always enjoy visiting with their two little girls,who play so nicely with our boys. We did take lots of pictures of the kids that I'll be sure to post as soon as I get this thing going.

We started potty training William last week and it's going fairly well. He's at that great age where he's very eager to please so when we clap and cheer for his successes, he is very driven to do it again. I've been especially encouraged in just the last two days and really hope to have him out of diapers in the next month or so. Wow, wouldn't that be great to have just one in diapers??? I'd be so excited!!!

Owen is doing really well in school and I'm saying that, especially, after a conversation his teacher had with me yesterday. I was there to pick him up a bit early and she pulled me aside to tell me how close he's gotten with Jonah, a friend of his he's mentioned at home a few times. She pointed Jonah out to me and mentioned that he has "some challenges and works with a physical therapist." She told me that Owen is so incredibly kind to Jonah and very helpful whenever he struggles with anything. I was almost moved to tears. When we were walking out to the car I told Owen it was so nice to hear that he and Jonah were such good friends and he said, "Yeah, I really care about him. And you know what, Mama? He likes me, too."

Sammy turned 5 on February 8th and I registered him for kindergarten tonight. He's very excited to start school and is MORE than ready! He's already reading and has always been incredibly bright. I just know he's going to be a superstar in school! We got him a backpack for his birthday and he's already wearing it around the house. Our school district has a great summer school program with a "Getting Ready for Kindergarten" class that we'll sign him up for soon. I'm not sad about him going to school, just happy for him because I know it's something he's really looking forward to.

Luke is almost 5 months old now and developing quite a personality. He's almost sitting up by himself and just rolled over for the first time this past weekend. Chris has been working really hard on it with him so was really bummed that he was working and missed it. Sorry, Chris! Luke eats baby food now and LOVES it! He's had bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, squash and applesauce. He likes all of them, but his favorite is bananas. He is the SPITTING image of Chris - not Chris as a baby, but Chris NOW - and it's so funny when they are together. He's a mini-me of Chris, just as William is a mini-me of me. Both the older boys look like a mix of both of us and maybe some other relatives, but these younger two are carbon copies of us. We are really enjoying having them!

I'll try to post some pictures soon so it's not just blah, blah, blah. Hope everyone's having a great Paczki Day!

2 comments:

Michele R said...

It sounds like you have some really sweet and smart boys. I can't wait to see the photos and hear more.

Stephanie said...

came over to see your cute family!
Your boys are too cute.

boys are so fun! thanks for all your encouraging comments.
God bless-
Steph