Friday, February 18, 2011

Excitement!

Beyond the excitement of getting a dog this week, we are having such a great time with so very many things to look forward to. The weather is starting to warm up and it's getting REALLY muddy with all the snow melting, but of course any sign of spring is welcome at this time of year!

Scrabble is doing GREAT fitting in with the family. I get up at six every morning to walk him for a mile and a half. It's been really hard for me in the past couple years to motivate myself to get up and walk and/or run before work, especially because I haven't been sleeping well (more on that later) but when I do get out of bed and start my day with some fresh air, I find my thoughts are clearer ALL DAY! So it's been nice to have Scrabble waiting for me as inspiration to get my butt moving!

We are going to have a fun weekend this weekend with two free family activities. First, tonight we are headed to the Parks & Rec dept's Game Night. It's geared towards 2-5 year olds, but they said there'd be stuff for the older boys, too. Then on Sunday a good friend of mine invited us to go to her church's annual skating party at a roller rink. I'll have to take pictures because I pride myself on being ONJ in "Xanadu" but I don't know if I can still cut the mustard on 8 wheels.

I posted on Facebook a while back about my problems sleeping and many of my friends suggested taking Melatonin and that helped some, but not a lot. I know these problems are linked specifically to my job. I can get to sleep, but invariably I wake up in the middle of the night and my mind immediately starts racing with all the problems I'm having at work. It's ok, though, as I am on track to begin a new chapter in my life very soon and these things will no longer be a concern to me. Sure, there might very well be other things that will keep me up at night, but at least I will be shaping my own destiny.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Katie A. said...

Wish I could motivate myself to get up and walk/run before work! With me already getting up at 5 AM and going to bed at 9 PM it's just not happening though, haha. I am NOT a morning person!