Sunday, June 14, 2009

FINALLY!

Well, he's 4 1/2 and he can FINALLY go to the bathroom unattended! YIPPEE!!! I decided this weekend to let him cry and plead with me to "yine it up" but no matter what, I would refuse. Now he is going all by himself and is very proud. WHEW! With the new baby on the way, we definitely don't need to have to drop everything when we hear "I need to go pee pee" anymore.

Between Owen's graduation from kindergarten and now this, we are having a week of major milestones! Now I wonder what William's going to come up with...

2 comments:

Michele R said...

Hello there! Catching up on your blog and enjoying reading about your life, as mine was so similar 6 or 7 years ago. I agree that 18 months is so cute and I really liked 9 and 10 months too.
About the tooth fairy, I really like your idea of the water in a cup and the colored water and glitter. Love that. We did the pillow thing and sometimes it was difficult to find it. The tooth would be in a snack sized zip lock bag. Here is the real bummer that I messed up on: I should have had a box or something ready for each of these teeth. I should have put a note into each zip lock bag that next day with what kid it was, and the date. Because believe me there will be weeks when each of them are losing a tooth!! And I have tons of zip lock bags and no clue as to whose they are!!!!! Well, maybe three of them are labeled. We also give one dollar. It got upped to $2 for a molar. Yes, they will come out too. My oldest just turned 13 and he lost several the last year and he will say, "Can you tell the tooth fairy I would appreciate a dollar bill rather than coins???) :)

Becky said...

I can't take credit for the tooth fairy idea because I read it somewhere. Good advice about the teeth, though! I will have to come up with some sort of system for keeping them. Although they do deteriorate after a while, so not sure how long they will hold up.
$2 for a molar is a lot! I am already going broke paying them an allowance....that will be another post in the future.