Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Endings...

Well, this is it: my last day as a full-time working mom. I can't wait to spend this summer with my beautiful boys!



When I started in hotels on my 23rd birthday (just a few years ago, folks!), I never imagined I'd be working in them this long. The only reason I even interviewed for that job in reservations was because my friend wanted to work there but she didn't have a ride. So that was how I got started in my long and illustrious career in the glamorous world of hospitality.



I've done a lot of traveling and met so many great, great people over the years. I have a few lifelong friends to show for it and this career also allowed our family to move to this beautiful area that we are thankful every day to call "home." I haven't made a TON of money at it, but enough to support my growing family for the last 7+ years. Overall, this industry has been good to me.



I truly feel, though, that I've been on a trajectory toward this moment for a long time and, now, here I am on the eve of becoming an entrepreneur. It's so exciting and scary, heading into this unknown territory but I'm so thankful to have the love and support of my family and friends. I don't know what I'd do without them!



Chris, especially, has been wonderful. He is willing to step up and do whatever it takes to allow me the freedom to take on this challenge because he understands how hard it's been on me all these years, leaving my babies. Even leaving them with the best dad in the world doesn't make up for the pain in my heart as Luke cries "Mama, Mama" every morning as I put my makeup on. No more of that! (Luke crying, that is. Makeup will ALWAYS be a part of my life!)



So today I will say goodbye to all the wonderful people at my job (and to those who are not-so-wonderful, too) and never look back. At 5pm I will start my life anew and see where it takes us. Stay tuned to hear about our lives in transition....



Happy(est) Friday!











No comments: