Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome, 2014!

Even in the new year, there are some things that never change....
 
 
I have this nice little basket in the hall bathroom that nicely holds two extra rolls of TP.  I understand that I am likely to be the only one who will restock it with fresh rolls, but do they really need to throw the empty rolls in there?  Really?
 
Sammy worked hard the other day making paper snowflakes.  None of the other boys were at all interested, but he worked at it for over an hour.  We pressed them in a heavy book for a couple of days and he was excited to put them up today. 


 
Looks appropriate, too, because we just got another 4" of fresh snow last night.
 
There's one thing I forgot to add to my resolutions post from yesterday and that is SAVING $$$:

 
One of my Facebook friends posted a 52 week savings challenge and I'm going to stick to it this year.  The idea is that you put money in an envelope each week:  $1 on Week 1, $2 on Week 2, $3 on Week 3, etc, etc.  A couple people commented that it would be very difficult to save the larger amounts at the end of the year because it's so close to Christmas.  I agree!  And the way my business works, my pay fluctuates tremendously month to month.  So I am going to put the money in the envelopes and then check off the week I did, going in no particular order.  By the end of the year, I will have over $1300 in these envelopes.  Pretty nice, huh?
 
Happy New Year to everybody!  Hope it's a great one!

No comments: