Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions

 The end of the year always makes me a little sad and I've been sadder this December 31st for obvious reasons.  I'm saying goodbye to the last year my brother ever saw.  I'm thinking of my mom, who next week will experience her first birthday without a call from him.  And we're all coming up on the one year anniversary of the day that changed our family forever. 
 
But, of course, time marches on.  And I'm trying to focus on the new beginning we will all have at midnight tonight.  I like to think that the upcoming year will be better and that I, as a person, will be better, too.  Here are the ways I would like to improve in 2014:
 
 
 
I actually read this book in 2012 and haven't been able to consistently stick to spending 15 minutes outside each day, but the ideas have stayed with me.  I would recommend this book to anyone, but especially moms, because it shows the many ways getting outside is good for the soul no matter what time of year.  Of course this is especially difficult during these tough Wisconsin winters (it was 8 degrees outside this morning!) but I really want to make the effort this year.
 
 
I am soooo excited about this little gem I picked up last night.  I want to work on organization and my time management skills and this calendar posted in the kitchen should help tremendously.  I still love and use my Erin Condren planner faithfully, but this will help with the schedules for everyone in the family, not just me.  I like how the side of it has Post-it notes that I can grab whenever I need one.  (Hopefully the kids won't figure out what those are!)


No list of New Year's Resolutions would be complete without the resolution to lose weight.  I say this every year, but this is really going to be THE YEAR for me to get to my ideal weight.  That's 20-25 lbs away, but I just know I can get there by summer and maintain for the remainder of the year.

In addition to the general resolution about getting outside more, I also want to start running again.  I was running 2 miles a day for about 6 months when William was a baby, but stopped that winter and never started up again.  This is the year I WILL run a 5k!  I can hardly wait!

No comments: