Saturday, December 7, 2013

Home for the Holiday

We took a trip to Michigan for Thanksgiving - and by "we," I mean myself and the boys.  Chris had to work and actually picked up a bunch of overtime while we were gone.  It was a long 9 days for him, with just Scrabble and the cats to talk to.  He didn't mind working that week at all!
 
We drove in on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and came back the Monday after.  We stayed at my mom's house and got to spend plenty of time with my family.  I hadn't seen any of them since July 2012, with the exception of my mom and sister who I saw in February when we were all in Arizona.
 
Although I love living in Wisconsin, I do miss the boys being able to spend more time with their cousins.  Erica and Megan are in the 3rd grade, just like Sammy.  Erica (left) is my sister's 2nd daughter; her sister is almost 12 years older than she.  Megan (with the glasses) is my brother's only child.  Both girls live in relatively quiet, clean houses and probably have no idea how to wrestle.  Surprisingly, they did really well with these four hooligans.
 
 
My mom likes to keep the thermostat low, especially at night.  Low means 54 degrees.  I did talk her into turning it up while we were there, but the boys still preferred to snuggle together in one bed most nights.  This is a picture of all four of them in my mom's full bed. 

 
While there, Luke graciously spent a lot of time snuggling his grandma and she was so appreciative.  He's her last grandchild and she's a sucker for brown eyes (like me!)


 
It probably wasn't easy for my mom to allow 5 people to take over her house for a week, but we sure do appreciate it!  I hope having the memories with your grandsons was worth the mess we left.

No comments: