Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Memories...of chocolate

 I am a certified choco-holic.  There's no getting around it and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it.  My brother has a funny story from when I was in high school and his girlfriend knocked on the door to my room, only to hear me yell "Don't anyone dare coming in here unless you have chocolate!"  (I was a little, um....moody...in high school.)

But my love of chocolate goes way, way back to before high school.  It may have started the Christmas when both my sister and I received Whitman's samplers for Christmas.
 

Looking back, this may have been one of my favorite Christmas gifts ever.  I felt so "grown-up" to think that I had an entire box of candy all to myself, to eat whenever I wanted. 

 
 
I love how the inside of the lid had a diagram so you could easily find your favorites.  The caramels were first to go, then the ones with the nuts.  I would eventually (and by "eventually" I mean within a few hours) get to the fruit crème ones.  Those candy coated almonds in the center?  Those were last.  I only ate those once all the chocolates were gone AND I had already licked all the wrappers.
 
Being the chocolate fiend I am, my box was gone pretty quickly and it didn't take long before I started eyeing my sister's.  She tried to dissuade me from eating hers by taking each remaining chocolate out of the box and licking it right in front of me.  I was undeterred.  Seriously, she would have had to pee on them to stop me.  I stole quite a few.  Sorry, Katie!
 
I did get a little bit of candy and gum to put in the boys' stockings this year, hoping they will love it as much as I did.  I'm so very excited for Christmas this year - perhaps more so than the boys!  It's going to be EPIC!
 
 

No comments: