Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Here's a picture of us before we left for church this morning. It was around 8am and I was DOG TIRED from a night of virtually no sleep and had a splitting headache. UGH! I am convinced NO day is a good day if you have a headache, no matter what happens. I swear, I could have Ed McMahon show up at my door with a huge check and if I had a headache the moment would be ruined. (ok, SLIGHT exaggeration!)
After a quick nap with Sammy and a few Tylenol, it got better this afternoon and we were able to enjoy the sunshine and pleasant temperatures. There was a lot of time spent outdoors and I tried DESPERATELY to finish planting the flowers I bought last weekend but there are still a few left languishing in their little plastic cages. I asked my mom at what age did she actually start ENJOYING gardening and she said it wasn't until her late 40's so I've got at least 10 years to go. She said that she's gotten to the point now where she actually likes the smell of the dirt. I can't even imagine! Then again, it may also have a little to do with not having 3 kids trying to run out in the street that allows her to enjoy it more than I possibly can at this point.
So it wasn't the best Mother's Day ever, but I need to remember to be thankful for all I have. This morning there was a child in the nursery class at school who had a shunt in his head. That's all the info we got on him but it was obvious he was developmentally disabled in some ways. I looked at my 3 healthy boys and realized how lucky I am. Sure, they can be pistols at times but they are all wonderful little guys who bring more joy and fulfillment to my life than I could ever have imagined.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

No comments: