Tuesday, November 12, 2013

To cut or not to cut?

With our impending trip to Michigan, we are gearing up for haircuts.  It's not a monumental event around here; it happens about every 4-6 weeks.  Chris cuts all the boys' hair (Thank GOD!) and has gotten really good and knowing their hair types and what will look best on them without styling.  This is very important because I think the two older kids look in the mirror approximately twice a week and almost never determine on their own that they should do something with their hair.  Oh, to be so low-maintenance! 
 
Anyway, the best style for boys who pay so little attention to their hair is the timeless buzz cut.  But as I mentioned in this post, I don't like it on any of the boys...except Luke.  I dug up a couple of before and after pics from when we first tried it on him as a baby.  I think he was around 18 months old here....
 
Before:  still cute, but kinda shaggy
 
After:  POW!  His cuteness just punches you right in the face, doesn't it?


Both Chris and I think he looks like a little teddy bear in this second picture.  ADORABLE!

But, as I mentioned in a previous post, he HATES the buzz cut.  So what's a mom to do?  I could bribe him to get him into the chair, but then I'd have to feel guilty later when he looks in the mirror and cries.  Part of me wants to take control of his hair while I still can, but then I also want him to be happy.  I guess I'll have to figure it out in the next 10 days or so...stay tuned!



No comments: