Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Few Movie Reviews

I've recently developed a new crush.... Redbox is FANTASTIC for those of us who aren't ready to commit to Netflix. We've had Netflix in the past and I think it's a great service, but I just don't know when/if I'll have a chance to watch enough movies to make a monthly service plan worth it. Redbox is PERFECT for me because I can just pick up a movie on the way home on a night when I know I'll have time to watch it. And I can return the movie to any Redbox so that makes it easy for me when I'm running around town the next day. I found I can go online to redbox.com to browse and find the newest titles and have the movie I want literally waiting for me when I get there. So cool! (**I have not been paid by Redbox in any way for this review. I am just really in love with it!) This was the first movie I rented... If you haven't seen "The Social Network," you should. Great movie with great performances and the story is VERY interesting. It's easy to forget that the main characters are 20-somethings because they are so intelligent and doing such amazing things. I loved this movie but have de-activated my Facebook account. This one was my pick (embarrassing, I know):
I figured it would be good to just veg in front of a no-brainer type movie that night but I found myself more annoyed than anything. Both Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were pretty likable, but there were a lot of errors in the story and the ending was VERY predictable. Not recommended.


Last night we watched this:
OMG, can't say enough good things about this movie. The acting was some of the best I've EVER seen. Christian Bale was almost completely unrecognizable as the older crack-addicted brother. The mom, played by Melissa Leo, was also amazing. Both of them won Oscars for their roles.

The bigger surprise for me was Amy Adams, who played the girlfriend. I guess I never really thought of her as a "great" actress but she is MUCH more than a pretty face. I LOVED her in this role!


It's not too often I'm able to post movie reviews, since I don't have a whole lot of time to watch movies. Of course these are all older ones because there's no WAY we can ever get to a theater! If you haven't seen any of these films, hopefully these reviews will help.


No comments: