Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Weekend "Off"

It's always something I look forward to: a weekend off work. But of course any mom of four boys knows there's no such thing. Thankfully, I had a lot of help with the cleaning I had to do today... I am also putting together a few things to go to Goodwill. Spring is the time for purging closets and Luke was up to the task. He will miss all these shoes for sure, but I don't think I will!
It took a long time to get the boys' room to look like this so I thought I'd take a picture:
Once I took this picture, I realized I never took pictures of their closet after I cleaned it out a couple of months ago. That was a full day project and one that was sooooooo needed. Everytime I went in there it gave me immediate hives, so I guess I didn't take a picture so as not to suffer PTSD just looking at it. Anyway, once it was done it looked like this:
I moved ALL the games from various parts of the house into their closet. I will tell you that when we decided to give the boys the master bedroom last year, I struggled a lot more with the idea of giving up this closet than I did giving up the master bathroom. But it's made everything much easier because the older two boys share clothes and the two little ones will, too, soon, so keeping all the boy clothes in one place is very convenient when putting away laundry.
It's not easy trying to keep it clean and organized, but well worth a little daily effort on my part to avoid what I initially went through to get it this way.


After a lunch of pb&j sandwiches, I had one more cleaning project before naps...

His brothers were calling him "Peanut Butter Santa Claus." Don't those brown eyes just get to you??? Maybe it's just me. Also, check out his big boy haircut Chris gave him this week. I swear, he looks like he's ready to go to college!


No comments: