Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Art of the Deal

Oh, that Sammy. He's at it again. I should have known better than to introduce him to the concept of "making a deal." I guess I didn't realize it would come back to haunt me EVERY DAY because he manipulates every situation to his own benefit, a wonderful trait in a 4 year old.

He is OBSESSED with the Wii. It's ridiculous. Seriously, if he could play it for 8 hours a day every day, it would still not be enough. Chris is better at limiting his time with it now, but a few weeks ago I would come home from work and his eyes would be BLOODSHOT from focusing on the Star Wars game for hours on end.

Anyway, I thought I could use his love of the game to my advantage one night when he was BEGGING to play it. We are STILL having a problem with him wanting to sleep with us, so I told him I would let him play the Wii for an hour IF he promised he would sleep in his own bed the whole night. He quickly agreed and kept up his part of the bargain that night, much to my delight.

Since then, however, there have been deals thrown on the table every day. He tells me "I will do what you want me to do, if you let me play the Wii." WHAT??? "I will eat my dinner, if you let me play the Wii." "I will get dressed, but only if you let me play the Wii." "I will sleep in my own bed, but only if you let me play the Wii." I've created a MONSTER! He's using these against Chris, too. "I will let YOU play Wii Tennis if you let ME play Wii Star Wars first. I know how much you love Wii Tennis, Daddy." What a total scammer!

No comments: