Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SICK!

Well, poor Chris has been sick for the last two days. Last night he couldn't sleep at all due to a throbbing headache and was unable to take anything for that because his stomach is still so upset. I did the best I could to take care of the kids last night and this morning, getting Owen fed, dressed and off to the bus stop but I'm not sure how much that really helped. When I left he was laying on the couch and I suspect his best friend today will be the Wii. Hopefully he'll be able to at least keep William out of trouble! I have to work late, too, and most likely won't be home until after the kids are in bed.

It's amazing to think we will EVER get out of "the trenches," as I have affectionately termed this phase of our lives. When people tell me about "sending" their kids to take a shower or having the house to themselves while the kids are at a sleepover somewhere or even a child fixing his/her own meal, I drop my jaw! Will that ever really happen for us??? After 5 1/2 years of this life, I don't think I even remember anything else! People tell me it goes by so fast, but that's hard to believe when you're in the thick of things and there's no end in sight. With another baby on the way, too, I know we're in for a long haul!

No comments: