Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Erin Condren Life Planner 2013 Review

I guess I never really learned the lesson, "You get what you pay for," because like a fool, I went and ordered a cheapo planner back in June.  By the time it shipped (late!) in August, I was already in a complete tizzy because I'd been without a planner for about two weeks.
 
If you recall, last year I purchased an Erin Condren Life Planner and decided to, for the first time, give a paper planner a whirl.  I honestly don't know how I got by without using any sort of planner up until that point in my life - and if you'd asked me last year, I would have also told you I had no clue.  But with my business picking up, taking on my 2nd part-time job and homeschooling the boys, I knew I HAD to get it together.
 
I really liked - and really USED - my Erin Condren last year but was looking for a cheaper alternative for this year.  BIG MISTAKE!  I was immediately unhappy with the one I ordered and went on-line to get a new Erin Condren the very next day.  I vow to never stray again.
 
At long last, here is my 2013-2014 Life Planner, which arrived (early!) a few days ago...
 

 Last year I went with a pre-set design but this year I picked my own color wheel to coincide with my "Something Blue" business. 


 I added a couple of extras:  the pen holder I had used so much last year and customized stickers, which are a new option this year.  I would have ordered a couple of sheets of these, but couldn't figure out how to do that on the website.


I didn't really use the "notes" sections last year, partly because they were inconsistent on whether they were there each week or not.  This year they are on the left side of every page and I've already been using the heck out of them.

The planners I have ordered have been 12 month ones, starting in August (last year) and September (this year) but I've since realized that's not working for me because my business is seasonal, running mostly May-October.  It doesn't make any sense for me to have to switch planners right in the middle of the chaos.  So to avoid that in the future, I am going to order the 18 month planner starting in July of 2014.  I can hardly wait!

In short, I love, love, LOVE the Erin Condren Life Planner and feel it's worth every penny - accept no substitutes! 

No comments: