Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My mom will HATE this post

Growing up, it was always pounded into my head that there was nothing more beautiful than wood finish.  My mom spent literally YEARS on a project removing all the paint from our front bay window panes and all the mouldings in the living room, hallway and staircase.  She is a die-hard stripper, taking paint off just about any wood furniture she can get her hands on. 
 
So she would be APPALLED by this project...
 
Before...
 After...
I've had this piece of furniture forever and always liked the raw pine finish, but after re-doing our living room in a bold blue color I needed to pull that blue into the foyer to make it look cohesive.  It was pretty scary when I first started painting it, but now I really love it.  It stands out so much more than before and really brings the whole house together. 
 
Sorry, Mom!

No comments: