Sunday, November 7, 2010

2 More Days of Truth

I was too busy yesterday to blog, but still kicked myself at the end of the day for not doing it. Even with the extra hour we got going off DST I was still ONLY able to do 3 loads of laundry, including bedsheets and curtains, make the beds and re-hang the curtains, wash all the windows inside and out, clean the gutters, make a yummy dinner (homemade chicken fingers, mashed potatoes, veggies, from-scratch peanut butter cookies for dessert) and then clean the kitchen and sweep and mop the kitchen/dining room floor. Anyway, even if they give me an extra hour it's not enough, but I AM glad that extra hour came on a weekend when I was off work at least.





Day 6: One Thing You Hope You Never Have To Do





Any mother will say the thing they hope they never have to do is outlive their child and of course that's true for me to. But I'm a huge wimp and will also say I hope I never have to see any of my kids really sick. Even if they live through a bad sickness, I just don't know how I would be able to deal with them being in pain and not be able to help them. I also don't want to have to deal with anyone in the medical profession on that level, as I'm not a fan. (sorry if that offends anyone, I just don't trust doctors.)





Day 7: Someone Who Makes Your Life Worth Living





Again, as a mother the predictable answer here would be to say my kids and that's true. But how boring is that answer? So I'm going to look beyond that obvious statement and think about someone else who makes my life worth living: ME!





My mom and I talk about this all the time, how Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is within. I know that every day I have to choose and find my happiness, so I do. I'm not saying I don't have bad days (yesterday, actually, was a really bad one) but I try so hard to be a positive person and barrel through all the CRAP and just focus on the fun things along the way. My brother says you have to have the "hide of a rhino" to get through this life and that's probably true. But there are also so many wonderful people and things out there that make it worthwhile and all I have to do is look a little to find them.





But I will admit, having these four little guys helps a lot. They find fun in every day, too...



I have a whiteboard here over the computer in the kitchen and every week I put a quote on it. The quotes come from this little book, "Timeless Wisdom - A Treasury of Universal Truths." The quote this week is by that awesome poet lauriet, "Anonymous."

Cherish your yesterdays,

Dream your tomorrows,

But live your todays!

With that, I leave you to live MY today. It's going to be 60 and sunny and the Packers are playing tonight. Happy Sunday to all!


No comments: