Friday, November 19, 2010

Some Quick Truths

Ok, so I'm way behind on the truth-a-day posts. I'm going to try to quickly catch up all at once:

Day15 - Something or someone you couldn't live without, because you've tried living without it.

This would have to be chocolate. I went without any sweets for Lent last year and it just about killed me! I'll have to come up with something different for this year.

Day 16 - Someone or something you definitely could live without.

I could live without having to work all day and be away from my family. Sure, it would be a financial struggle but I really think it would be worth it.

Day 17 - A book you've read that changed your views on something.

I don't know if this counts, but I really enjoyed reading "What Falls Away" by Mia Farrow when I was in my early 20's and that book led to my love of autobiographies. Reading it made me realize how every person has their own struggles and how much more alike we are than different. I highly recommend that book to anyone. I didn't know much about her when I picked it up from the library, but she had a VERY interesting life to say the least!

Day 18 - Your views on gay marriage

Being Christian, I am fundamentally against gay marriage.

Day 19 - What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

I think both can be used for good and both can be used for evil. Both become much more dangerous the more power they are given. I guess that's because both are operated by people, who are inherently flawed.

I do go to church and pray for our politicians. I'd like to believe they are good people and can avoid the temptations that come with being in power, rather than believe they are bad people who are only interested in power.

Ok, that's enough truth for one day. My mom arrives today (WOO HOO!) and will be here for 10 days. I should do a pre-mom weigh-in and let you know how many pounds I pack on while she's here.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Nicolet said...

How come a Christian has to be fundamentally against gay marriage? I am Christian and very pro-gay marriage. I believe I can be both because I believe my God created everyone as they are. I think it's okay to be against gay marriage. It's YOUR opinion and the freedom to have that is what makes this country so great, but I don't think being Christian makes you HAVE to be against (or for) something.

Signed,
The very happy Catholic who is also pro-choice ;)

Becky said...

Because the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. It's there in black and white. Now I'm certainly not saying I am sinless (FAR from it!) so I'm not throwing stones, but if it's in the Bible that it's wrong and I say I'm a Christian, that's why I have to be "fundamentally" against it.