Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12 of Truth: Something You Never Get Compliments On

There are lots of things I never get compliments on, but I will go back to my last post and say that I almost never get compliments on being a good mom. My own mom is about the only one who ever tells me I'm doing a good job.

This is extremely hurtful to me because #1, I know it's the most important thing I will ever do in my life. And #2, I harbor a tremendous amount of guilt because I have to work a minimum of 47.5 hours per week at my job.

Of course people (including those close to me) probably don't realize I NEED to hear that I'm a good mom every so often, but my insecurities get to me and I feel like the reason no one's saying it is because it must not be true. I struggle with this just about every day.

2 comments:

Michele R said...

I have been enjoying reading your Truth posts. If there is another Mom out there who gets you…it is me. I too do everything I do for my sons, and my husband. It doesn’t feel good to be taken for granted, but it happens to the best of us. You have to remember, like I have to remind myself, that my boys have a good life. I may not be the one to be there with them every day during breaks and summers, but they do have their dad (Hubs). And it doesn’t sound all blog-pretty, but you can take care of those boys. You have the strength and the brains. If, God forbid, you had to, you can keep your family together emotionally and financially. So, that is not a crafty, mama-apron-wearing comment, but it is a BIG DEAL. Your boys will know it one day.
P.S. Thanks for the heads up that your friends were out of town for two weeks. I stopped by that first weekend they moved in but no one was home, and never made it back. Hoping for a little down time this weekend…..

Nicolet said...

Have I never told you that? I think you are a REALLY GREAT MOM!!! Your boys (all 5 of them) are lucky to have you!