Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4 of Truth: Something You Have to Forgive Someone For

This is a REAL bummer topic for me. I knew it was coming up and thinking about it last night was very depressing. I don't know that I'm very good at forgiveness, but over the years I've become an expert at burying my feelings of hurt and disappointment. Looking back at my life, there are many things I need to forgive people for but then I think there are probably a lot of things other people need to forgive ME for, so who am I to throw stones?

Therefore, I will gloss over the more serious issues I've had and instead tell you that I need to forgive my neighbor for letting her dog out to bark at 4:30am. For the past several weeks I've woken up to this barking dog at 5:30am and been very irritated by that, but this morning when it was 4:30am I was BEYOND angry. Then my blood pressure went up and I found it hard to get back to sleep even after she let the dog back in the house.

This is the same neighbor I had the conflict with last year regarding her daughter's lack of attention to detail when babysitting. Remember this post? Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if I should say something to her or just let it go. This particular dog is quite old and blind, so I don't think I'll have to put up with it THAT much longer. I'm generally a pacifist so I probably won't say anything. Anyway, I guess I need to forgive her for being so inconsiderate to ALL her neighbors, not just me.

No comments: