Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SUYL - My office


I need to break up all these days of truth with some pictures, don't ya think? I'm getting bored with my OWN truth, so I can only imagine how both of my faithful readers feel! ha ha!

Anyway, I did a post of this last year but here is my office again. I consider this a "Show Us Your Life" post because really, this is the place I spend the vast majority of my waking hours. (sad, I know.) It's recently gone through a bit of a renovation so take a look and let me know what you think....

Here is the view from the hallway outside. Our photographer friend, Matt Mason, gifted us a 2nd canvas to put in the window so it balances out the other one. I'd gotten used to just having the one and it being off-center, but now I just LOVE having it look more symetrical. Not to mention, the images used were from MY wedding. (Well, not actually mine, but one I put more effort into designing than my REAL wedding so I claim it as MINE.)

Once you go down the steps into the office, to your left you see this:Those two small round tables on the left used to be set on the wooden floor, which I'll show you in a minute. The table in the back used to be near our desks. It's where we (my officemate and I) meet with clients and show them photo albums of weddings we've hosted. The shelving unit on the far wall holds brochures from area vendors, which is also very helpful when touring prospective brides.
Below is the odd wooden floor that was part of the room when we moved in. It's a strange shape and we were never sure what to do with it but I think I found the perfect solution. The mock head table looks fantastic there, don't you think? I also hung the paper lanterns left over from one of our brides over it. We get asked about hanging those all the time so it's great that as soon as a bride walks in, she sees we are #1 up on trends, and #2 able to do this for her.
This is the table at the center of the room that was set-up by our friend at M&M Events out of Chicago. Derrick is so much fun to work with and we always look forward to his visits. Isn't that centerpiece stunning? He didn't give us a price on what that would cost to reproduce with fresh floral, but I'm guessing it would be upwards of $1,000.00. WOW! Our local florist told us the large branches in the middle at cost are $80 each and there are THREE in it. Derrick did tell us that each stem of the lily of the valley is $10. Amazing!


Sadly, we have come to the end of my tour and the last stop: my desk. Oh, how pathetic it looks in that sad corner up on its cinder blocks! Yes, folks, this is where I spend 9+ hours a day. NOW do you understand why I so long to be a SAHM? Rather than being here all day.... I could be with these guys... Oh and in case you're wondering, I LOVE my stand-up desk! I really can't imagine going back to sitting down all day. There've only been a couple days when I've had to go to work sick that I've longed for a chair, but most days I'm sooooo glad to be standing. And by the end of the day, I don't feel badly AT ALL for plopping myself down on the couch for an hour or two. I deserve it!
More truth tomorrow....

No comments: