Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Days of Truth

Ok, I'm starting a day late for November so I am going to do #1 and #2 today and then pick up with #3 tomorrow. Hopefully I can remember to post every day, but we'll see...

#1 - Something You Hate About Yourself
I don't normally use the word "hate" and have taught my boys not to use it either, but I guess if I could change one thing about myself it would be my competitive/jealous nature. I struggle with it a lot because I miss out on being happy for others when something goes well for them. I am very guilty of trying to "keep up with the Jones'" and that's led to a lot of heartache. I do try to remember that everyone has their own cross to bear and focus, instead, on the many blessings in my life.

#2 - Something You Love About Yourself
First of all, I absolutely love that I'm a mom. So many of my friends have struggled with infertility so I know I'm incredibly blessed to have four healthy boys.

I want to sneak in a 2nd thing I do love about myself: my teeth. They are so strong and straight and they certainly have served me well (perhaps a little too well, at times! ha ha!)

1 comment:

Michele R said...

I’m going to learn 30 true things about you?! Cool!
Your guys looked so cute for Halloween. Can you imagine what your costume box will look like in a few more years? Just think, all you’ll have to do is tell them to create a costume from the box!
I think a lot of people get envious of others—especially when you see photoshopped and staged photos on some peoples’ blogs.
Great teeth are a great asset!!