Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Day of Truth

Ok, I really want to skip today's topic, which is "Someone Who Made Your Life Hell or Treated You Like Sh**." Really, what's the point? I don't want to dwell on those people in my life who have hurt me - I just want to move on. I do learn from those tough experiences. I learn about the person I DON'T want to be and I also learn to quickly eliminate their negativity from my life.

On a more positive (?) note, Owen has his first crush. Last night he confessed to me that he "loves" Hannah. I met this girl briefly a couple weeks ago, but don't really remember much about her. I asked him what he loves about her and he told me she's very nice, that when he had to sit in the principal's office during recess she gave him a handkerchief. What for, I asked? "For the tears...that was REALLY nice." I agree!

I thought it would be so hard to see my boys start to have an interest in girls and I'm sure there will be times I struggle with it. But if a girl at school wipes Owen's tears when I can't, I'm all for it! Thank you to all the moms out there who have daughters and are raising them to be kind and to wipe my sons' tears. I, in turn, will try my best to raise sons who don't cause your daughters any tears. (Tall order, but I'll give it my best shot!)

No comments: